About Me

My photo
I have a huge..BIG and important testimony- I just don't know what it is yet. In the meantime I work hard, take care of my SELF and try hard at achieving all my dreams.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Park Slope Pulse-Reflections



Last week I had the amazing blessing to live alone in Park Slope, Brooklyn. It started with a desire that I expressed via facebook and the Universe worked its magic. My friends were leaving town and asked me to cat sit their two cats. While I am allergic to cats it was still an opportunity that I could not resist.

Looking back at this experience, it served as the perfect opportunity to think about my life. I was able to acknowledge that if I was in a relationship, I probably would not have this thought and desire, although it’s exactly what I needed. Moving forward, I want to continue to evaluate my life and ask myself “what do I want?” and go for it. My life should not take a pause or a different direction just because a man is in my life. This rooted lesson speaks so loudly to me now.

I really enjoyed the space and taking care of myself, the cats and the apartment. It’s so obvious to me that I am ready and need a place of my own. In 2006 I moved into my own apartment in Brooklyn, but I was not satisfied or ready for such change. It was scary to live alone and I always felt so isolated. I shortly moved in with my friend and had a wonderful 2 year living experience with her. From this short experience I lost that fear of living alone and feeling isolated. Furthermore, I now know more about me and my needs. I do not want a big space; I want a cozy, comfortable home in a neighborhood (park slope) that promotes young professionals. I want to provide myself with this stability and home. So I am moving to Brooklyn between September 1s and October 1st. This is a decision that is driven by me- not my family, not a boy, not friends, not any one but me, and for this reason, I feel powerful. I feel in control of my own life and that I am not waiting for a man to come and provide this home for me.

Besides the fact that I was able to jump into a cute dress and walk to a wine bar or go to a restaurant of my choice that was also walking distance, I was able to sleep peacefully and “come home.” I was able to unplug and just enjoy the simple existence of being. The commute to work was short, the nights were peaceful and the mornings were lovely.

Now, I am left super grateful to my friends who provided me with this opportunity. I have a sense of power and direction. I ‘m excited about building my home. I know that my life is heading in the right direction and I am very happy about that.
As part of the journey to fall in love with myself comes making decisions to be happier, healthier and provide myself with a present and a future that promotes self love. I will not wait for someone to rescue me or provide me with stability. I have no excuse not to live the life that I want to live. I know I need to continue to focus on me and do loving acts where I can be proud of myself and I can be a person who I think is worthy of all kinds of love!

By LunaLove

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait until you join us in Brooklyn, I feel almost the same way about my place!

    ReplyDelete