About Me

My photo
I have a huge..BIG and important testimony- I just don't know what it is yet. In the meantime I work hard, take care of my SELF and try hard at achieving all my dreams.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Rediscover I

Back in January I had a brilliant idea to have a vision board party (thanks Oprah) so I invite my close friends to my house for food, drinks and a night of arts and craft. It was an amazing experience to have all my friends work and put together a vision board- a poster of pictures and words that represented their goals for the year.

I made my own vision board and for the past 6 months it’s been the first thing I look at when I wake up. Today I decided to make a new vision board because the old one became something I had to achieve and not something I wanted to achieve.
Furthermore I did not want or need much of what the old vision board had.

It had the following things:
1- A hot guy (Jacob from Twilight) – I guess I don’t want a bf any more
2- A couple kissing at the beach- Not happening but I’m still going on vacation as a single lady
3- Treadmill- I did sign up for the gym and try to stay consistent
4- Yoga – for my piece of mind.
5- A random girl “looking sexy”
6- Lose weight, reach happiness, move forward, create happiness, take care of my hair

So the visions from above aren’t what I want or how I want to move forward with my life anymore. They aren’t important- well most of them. They are empty and don’t provide me with direction to a healthier, happier life, so I could easily lose myself. Hmmm, maybe that is exactly what it did.

But there is hope, at any point in your life you can rediscover or reinvent yourself. You can start from scratch; you can create a new you, a new vision and it can all begin inside of you! How many times have you or I, wanted to move across country just to have a new beginning? I have, and I realized that the change needs to happen inside of me and it does not matter what zip code I relocate to.

My new vision board has things that matter to me and give me essence, some are below. Well at least I think so...

1-I want to stand on my own, have stability and ownership and moving to Brooklyn in exactly 8 weeks. This is a way for me to take care of myself.
2-I want to work hard and achieve tenure at my job- assistant professorship and more stability so I can continue to take care of myself, financially. How important is this!!
3-There is a picture of me and not a random girl. I am beautiful and sexy-it’s all about maintaining it, again taking care of myself.
4-Inside comfort- it’s not as broad as happiness, but as long as “I” is comfortable I will be happy.
5-Healthy eating, I can work out and no excuses- there are in small print but are very important.
6-Still have fun with self control! I want to make it my business to carry myself with respect at all times, which includes probably saying no to my third drink and this is my sexier me.

This is the middle of the year and it’s a perfect time to start over, re-evaluate yourself and it’s not starting from scratch but pushing yourself to become a healthier and happier you!

By Lunalove

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. I've never made a vision board but you have definitely inspired me to! Good luck with all your visions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this too, it reminds me so much about all the Law of Attraction stuff I was reading about last year. It's time I re-evaluate what I want in my life right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you ladies!! Yes...give yourself power again! :)

    ReplyDelete