About Me

My photo
I have a huge..BIG and important testimony- I just don't know what it is yet. In the meantime I work hard, take care of my SELF and try hard at achieving all my dreams.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Phone Education- How long do you wait to respond?


Phone Education- How long do you wait to respond?

How long should you take to respond to a text or call? What is appropriate verses rude and unacceptable behavior?

A friend told me, “It depends on the person.” OUCH! So, the longer you wait to respond to me means what exactly? It’s so hard for me to not respond right away. Granted sometimes, very few times, since my blackberry is always with me, it takes me 20 minutes. If I don’t respond within the hour, I may never respond or I am playing the “let me chase and come and chase me” game. So the next time someone takes a very long time to respond (you decide what is long, depending on occupation and time of day) you might have to see what kind of person you are to the receiver.

I think one of my dating anxieties was this “waiting to respond/ or reply game.” Am I more likeable if I am rude and unresponsive? Guys, get it together! How can you live like this! I guess I don’t have to worry about being me any more. I will respond as soon as I get it; its respectful and common courtesy. Does it take “self love” points away from me if I take 45 seconds to text you back? NO!

Respond when you can! Whether its seconds after receiving the text or hours, but the waiting EVERY TIME to seem more desirable is bullshit! Even with girlfriends. I have a friend that has been taking on average one week to respond to simple advice on cooking or makeup or whatever. Now if you keep bullshit around then you aren’t making room for self worth…so don’t settle for a long awaited response its 2010 and people are attached to their smartphones!

Or maybe there is too much thinking and effort involved in texting back? (I don’t know if I believe that) What do I know, I’m still single! I guess just stay true to you. If you are at a yoga class in the middle of a sun salutation, maybe its not a good time, but come on, yoga class is about 90 minutes anyway, BUT…. what do I know!!!

Can’t help but hear all my girlfriends saying “DON’T RESPOND RIGHT AWAY, PRETEND THAT YOU ARE BUSY”

By LunaLove

1 comment:

  1. I usually respond right away unless I'm under a tunnel. Text messages are as common as water nowadays, so I wonder this too.

    ReplyDelete