About Me

My photo
I have a huge..BIG and important testimony- I just don't know what it is yet. In the meantime I work hard, take care of my SELF and try hard at achieving all my dreams.

Monday, June 21, 2010

It’s less complicated...weekend recap


Recap- since this is my space….


Thursday
Happy hour/happy night /maybe just a little bit too many glasses.. but thats how I am!
Met a man- he was Greek (34) and tall and we had nice conversation. He asked me if he could take me out on a date. (Now that was straight forwarded, usually its less traditional and they call it “dinner”..I love a man who can call it what it is!) He did take my number but hasn’t called but the great thing was, I know he is not “the one.” Since I am a lot like Charlotte from SATC, this is a big deal. I think everyone is “the one”..after a conversation I am planning the wedding... I felt in control, like I could decide and there werent any wedding bells. I hope he does not call.


Friday
Picked up the keys to the Park Slope apartment that I will be staying at for a week, although today I might stay with my grandma- she makes me happy and I already need space from the cats.
Great lunch with my friend.. I love how she knows the lunch specials.. I had the best garlic mushroom and spinach.
South Street Seaport with so many great women..I was happy to see so many of them happy and working at love-moving in with relationship, engaged, buying homes, starting new relationships and in the process of letting go.


On my way home, I stopped to enjoy some fireworks in staten island... then it was all about the Zzzzz.

Saturday
Atlantic City with a lot of people, including loud aunts, mom, and grandma. I need to keep family events to a minimum.
I won $46.00 and my dinner was $47.00, so it was almost free!
I order a great bottle of wine- Caposaldo Pinot Grigio 2008 (I started a wine list- this will make me less dependant and “wowed” when a man can order a good wine, now I will have my own list) Headed to a beach party where I saw a newlywed (note to self, not having a wedding in AC)
Dance by myself and definitely felt free and complete.
On the way back, a handsome guy (27) asked to sit next to me and he spoke to me for 2 hours (well the 90 miles from AC to Perth Amboy, NJ) He asked for my number and if i was seeing anyone...I gave him my BBM and then “accidently” it got erased. It’s less complicated that way. I told him I was not looking but he ignored that part. I guess its true, when you arent looking the male species will hunt!



Sunday
I realized that I need to “break up” with my mother and space will make our relationship stronger.
I packed and moved my things to the apartment in Brooklyn. It made me realize how much I want a studio apt in Park Slope.. so in the Fall I will have one!
I met one of my BFF’s for unlimited champagne and the Mets + FIFA game.
Took a walk and enjoy some ice coffee in Park Slope, boy was it hot yesterday.
Watch TV and suddenly it ALL came down to me:
I have control of the things I choose, I need to be proactive about my hapiness and life.. and I am on the road to getting my life back.
I realized that I can not control anyone or the world but I can control my thoughts and feelings. The more time I spend with me, the less I will worry about other people.
I made a list of the things I want to focus on…and it feels great!

I realized you are not suppose to be happy all the time but you can still enjoy life
Did not sleep much but being in an apartment alone gave me answers!


I am allergic to the cats I am sitting...but I loved caring for them, so I might get a pet.. like fish or a turtle.

No comments:

Post a Comment