About Me

My photo
I have a huge..BIG and important testimony- I just don't know what it is yet. In the meantime I work hard, take care of my SELF and try hard at achieving all my dreams.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Conversation via text messages...

Friday:
Guy- Hey, how are you? I was wondering if you wanted to get drinks on Thursday. It’s been a while.
Me- Hi, sounds like a good idea. I might be busy on Thursday, what about Wednesday?
Guy- I might be working on Wednesday.
Me- Oh
Guy- okay, I can do Thursday.
Me- oh ok, I will let you know by Sunday (I did not say yes)

Monday:
Guy- Hey, are we still on for Thursday?
Me- (I thought the no response was a big hint)Oh, idk, I keep canceling on my friend and I don’t want to cancel again. She has an event going on. (I think I can find a friend with an event on Thursday, so I am not lying)
Guy- we can do Wednesday, I want to take you to a live show in midtown
Me- oh, sounds fun….let me see
Guy- we can do Wednesday, I hope I am not pushing it
Me- (after pondering for 30 minutes…and YES YOU ARE PUSHING IT) ok, you can pick me up at union st
Guy- ok, where is union st? I can do that
Me- stop before pacific, (aren’t you from Brooklyn, I can’t trust a man who does not know his neighborhood) lets talk details the day of (clearly im not interested, if i was i would want deets right now)
Guy- what time?
Me- (I thought I said we can talk deets later) 6:45
Guy- okay, see you then

Tuesday thoughts!
I really do not want to go. I thought I was clear with him. I admit I was not straight forward because I did not want to be mean.. we did go to HS together but my straight forward text would have been. “I don’t think I will have fun, and I am not interested.”

This process should be about me and doing things that make me happy…being loving to self and harboring around peace. I am STRESSED!! How do I tell this guy, NO? I think I gave enough hints. Ok… so now what? I’m giving myself until 6pm today to text him another cancelation and then I will not respond. I need to grow a tough skin.

FYI- I like mature men for many reasons but one of them is that they won’t plan a date via text messages and they won’t text more then 3 times. Pick up the phone gents!

Repeat- It’s not then end of the world! I am not bitter/angry (just a little bit will not hurt)....eventually I will date again (oh the thought of that makes me sick)..besides I will be so mean to this guy and he doesnt deserve...

Help... any thoughts on what i can message this guy?


By LunaLove

2 comments:

  1. so i did it! i lied.. said i was dating someone. while i feel sad for him.. i also feel empowered for me. freeeeedom! ugh..this is why single is better..drama free! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I am now following your blog!

    ReplyDelete