About Me

My photo
I have a huge..BIG and important testimony- I just don't know what it is yet. In the meantime I work hard, take care of my SELF and try hard at achieving all my dreams.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sweet Pumpkin Pie


I think I have a crush on my neighbor down below.

He lives downstairs from me with his very sweet girlfriend- Desiree. Back in September I invited my some friends over to a “happy hour” at my place. The happy hour turned out to be many many many hours and after a few too many glasses of wine, sangria and beer I decided to go outside for some air.

That’s when I saw Texas, let’s call him Texas- I think he is from Texas. I like guys from Texas.

When I drink I get SUPER happy and EVERYONE is my BFF. So I greeted him and I can’t remember what I said but two weeks later he felt like I had opened a line of communication with him and he asked if he could borrow my internet. I was on my way out for drinks that night and said yes anytime. (But I don’t think I really meant it- see I’m from New York, we don’t let strangers into our apartment)

He came the next morning and I looked like a NYC M2 bus hit me and then the ferry took me for a ride.

I let him in but suddenly my protective senses (PS) woke up. My PS are always on vacation, I’m the girl you see in the train station with her wallet wide open because I never think that anything bad is going to happen to moi. This morning they told me to tell him that I didn’t know my password to my Lunalove internet account and I had a brunch to go to so he needed to leave. I’m hardly ever that mean- gosh, stupid PS.

Months had gone by and I’ve missed his sweet, friendly non-Yorker accent- well I was bored and the NYC blizzard was giving me cabin fever and he was the closest thing to a male species. I decided to bake a pumpkin pie- I love to bake! I drank a bottle of wine by myself, I love wine also—don’t judge me, and decided to go downstairs and offer him pie, after all, isn’t that what good neighbors do?... in the movies.

To my sad surprise he wasn’t home- he was playing with his band (oh how sexy- I wondered where he plays?) and his sweet Desiree answered the door to a girl (me) with a tight white T-shirt on, no bra, and a pumpkin pie saying the following,

“Hi, is your boyfriend here, I baked him a pie. I felt bad because he came upstairs one morning and I couldn’t attend to his needs, I was wondering if he was home and wanted some pie.” and then I gave her the warmest smile ever.

That’s when I knew she wasn’t from NY either, if it was the other way around I would have lost it- who did I think I was!!!!!!!!!! She took the pie, thanked me for my kindness and closed the door. I took my accomplished ass back upstairs and ate my slice of the pie. End of story….

…..until yesterday when Mr. Sweet Texas runs into me as I was coming home and with a big smile said “thanks for the delicious pie” and I said “uh? What pie?” He smiled, and then I said “Oh yea, anytime.. happy new year!”

I'm kinda turned on...Now I can’t wait to bake for Valentine’s day… after all isn't food the way to a man's heart. LOL!

All in good spirit,
Lunalove

6 comments:

  1. HILARIOUS!!!! OMG I can't believe you actually said that! Made my day twice today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said it with all pure thoughts- it just looked bad! I was just trying to be like a person from Texas.. like in FNLs lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strange, that despite being torn to pieces when your boyfriend of 6 months left you for another woman, here you shameless write about trying to steal another woman's man. How do you think she would feel?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha i wasn't trying to steal.. just another adventure of my journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. What a way to air out someone's laundry, Mr/Ms. Anonymous! This is suppose to be a "Judgment Free Zone".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Airing of laundry I think not, this was my observation after reading several public posts by luna love. Apologies if the tone of the comment was sharp, for my intention was not to offend.

    ReplyDelete