About Me

My photo
I have a huge..BIG and important testimony- I just don't know what it is yet. In the meantime I work hard, take care of my SELF and try hard at achieving all my dreams.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I love pork but that is an ugly pig! Am I expecting too much?


I am not going to:
Wash my hair. Straighten my hair. Get a manicure. Wear my going out coat because it’s not warm enough. Wear my skinny jeans or a dress. Wear my 3 inch booties. Use my expensive perfume. Read up on the latest political, economic and social news. Go for drinks because they are now 4 points and no longer 2 points and I rather save them for my social nights with my girls.

These are all small rituals that I do when getting ready for a date. I make sure I look my best, smell my best and my mind is up to date with things we can discuss. Am I trying to hard? NO!!! This is the least I can do for someone who is taking their time to meet up with me. There is only one requirement- he must do the same thing. What is the least he could do?

I expect:
Brush your teeth. Make sure your breath is OK. Arrive on time (I’ve worked on this). Plan the date in advance. Wear something presentable. Be able to talk about things so that you could STOP staring at my boobies.

Am I expecting too much?

For those who say yes, I will not give up. I will not settle. I know what I am looking for and what I deserve. Chivalry is expected. I compliment your shirt, you should find something, my scent, my hair, my jewelry, my outfit, my smile--- SOMETHING to compliment. Grow some balls and compliment the lady, after all you are on a date not meeting up with your BFF. You say you will find a place- then text or email me the place in advance because I don’t want to walk into a dive bar with my J-Crew jacket or to a A-list wine bar with my sneakers. Your local bar that is around the corner from your apartment doesn’t count as finding a place. Please tell your friends AKA the bartenders to stop staring at me. Also, if this is your local bar- no big deal, the bill was $9.00- I had one drink you had two, so why did I put in more than half? My cab ride to and form was $30.00! I am all about going dutch but that was not dutch; math is not my strength but I'm pretty sure of that. But after all I am a kind person and I gave us the opportunity so I laughed and I made the best out of it. I asked you questions and I was polite.... but don’t take my kindness for something else......NOOOO, I don’t want to see your apartment; I have fallen for that trick already pal. Are you really 34 years old?

Well no big deal buddy!
You picked an inconvenient bar at the last minute- so I know the phrase “treat her like a lady” means nothing to you. You were one hour late- so how important was this? Lastly, you bashed a religious faith, your former faith/culture and that of your ancestors (you are lucky it wasn’t mine but it sure made me uncomfortable) Yes, I will cut you off because I don't want to hear anymore about your tattoo and your anti-religious expressions. I love pork but that is an UGLY PIG..hmm there's a parallel here.

So I have a choice—do I give up?
Or do I applauded my courage and pray that the Universe will continue to nurture my HOPE. Yes, that’s what I will do. I will find butterflies again.

My great friend StellaBunz once told me, “you know what you want and that’s amazing” I didn’t see what was so amazing about that but now I do.

I know what I want and I am going to hold that close to me.

So the next date I might just wear a pony tail because it’s on Thursday and my “wash my hair” doesn’t come up again until Friday. I also want tea because I am not using 4 points on another 1st date. I’ve decided to wear my special perfume on the second date. Daisy’s from Marc Jacobs hasn’t been on sale in months.


PS. If this sounds like i am angry- I AM! But it's only a matter of time before it leaves my system. :)
XoS,
Lunalove321

3 comments:

  1. hear hear! That's all I have to say to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!! haha! Like, this should not be this hard, what is going on with our men?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! i'm not sure what's going on.. but i know there is one out there for me :)

    ReplyDelete