About Me

My photo
I have a huge..BIG and important testimony- I just don't know what it is yet. In the meantime I work hard, take care of my SELF and try hard at achieving all my dreams.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

1/2 of My Generation

I get an upset stomach when I think of that new “hit” television show “My generation.”

10 years is a lot to review and why remind me of the past? After the show is over I am left feeling so depressed, so I stopped watching it. I am not saddened by my own life, but by the idea of knowing how much can happen in the next 10 years. NOPE I don’t like it!

I had lunch with a college friend, also my X-lover. He reminded me that it’s been 5 years since commencement. So I did an exercise that is worth doing. I shifted thoughts and did some simple positive thinking.

Here is what I thought about:

Professional/Career
5years ago- I was applying to NYC teaching fellows and Teach for America.
What has happened since (WHHS) I made NYCTF, I earned a Masters in Education. I did not like it, I found a job in higher education and now I am waiting for my tenure decision…tick tock tick tock

Habitat
5 Years ago- I was living with my friends in Johnson City, NY. I was not even thinking of how many “homes” I will have in the years to come.
WHHS? I moved back home, then with my friend where our apartment was broken into, then I moved by myself and I realized I was not ready for that, then with my other friend and then back home and now I am living alone. Now I am ready!

Love (of course)
5 years ago-
Single and trying to see if my X boyfriend and I would have another chance since I was moving back to NYC.
WHHS? We tried but ended up breaking up for good. I tried so hard to move on, forget, heal, and date again. I dated some interesting people.
1- The sexy and hot marine/secret agent. He was not for me- too controlling and I learned not to date a man who is trying to get a divorce
2- The sexy social worker- he was working more on his social life then anything else.
3- The trader- he broke my heart but I put it back together.

What has happened in your life these past 5 years?

LunaLove

1 comment:

  1. They canceled My Generation so you don't have to ask yourself life questions anymore! LOL

    ReplyDelete