About Me

My photo
I have a huge..BIG and important testimony- I just don't know what it is yet. In the meantime I work hard, take care of my SELF and try hard at achieving all my dreams.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Settling.. not an option for me.

A few days ago I met a friend for a brief drink. Oh that pinot grigio was so good. Lately I’ve been having trouble finding a good combination of $ and taste. Anyway,as we exchanged updates and gossiped, she asked me if I’ve met anyone lately.

Is it really that easy? After she told me she was probably going to break up with her boyfriend because she settled into this relationship and did not see it going anywhere after 2 years of dating, she told me that I should consider the following:

1- Settling
2- Not just settling for someone who you do not have chemistry with but who could possibly not have a chance with a female like me and would never leave me.

“Oh yea” I said, dumbfounded.

Is that the SECRET? LMAO- even if I brainwash myself to settle, it wouldn’t work. I am not a pleasant person when I am not happy.

Do girls really settle? Am I reaching too far? I can’t settle now, I won’t settle now. Maybe at 33 I will go to a sperm bank but that’s only is I have the salary to raise my child alone, but settling has really become something else. I think I will settle for my sofa, extra 10 pounds I’ve gain and my cup of noodles, neither of these will tragically complicate my life.

My single life and “catching myself as a fall” is developing into I love myself too much to settle.

By Lunalove,

No comments:

Post a Comment