About Me

My photo
I have a huge..BIG and important testimony- I just don't know what it is yet. In the meantime I work hard, take care of my SELF and try hard at achieving all my dreams.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

I am not looking for a father!

I have a huge confession to make. I went on a date! For some reason it’s so easy to meet guys now that I am not looking but the Universe is not too happy about my lack of focus from my 6 months promise to self.

The date was horrible, probably the worst date ever! The doctor to be showed up to the date with his whateverscope that doctors use to hear your heart beat. I was blown away but to make it more uncomfortable, the girl next to me asks him if he was a doctor! See those are the moments I wish I was Casper! Throughout the evening he spoke about his issues with being so privileged and his adoption pains. Then he even told me that he loves children and wants children more than anything in life.
What 27 year old wants children more than anything in life- a healthy 27 year old! I want a snicker bar more than children right now and children are on my wish list. Anyway, after the 1st glass of wine he grabs my hand and doesn’t let it go for a second. (how sweet it looks in the movies when you are into the guy, but how its gross when you think the opposite) We were playing cat and mouse with my hand. It was my cue to end the date- but the doctor had other plans for us. After I came back from the ladies room, he tells me to finish my drink and that we are getting pizza. I politely said, “no thank you, I have a long commute” and he offered his place. I thought I was being punked once again (Ashton come out now!). This could not be happening to me- if anything the Universe wants me to meet a nice guy and fall in love in this very important time in my life when I am telling the Universe the opposite. But I should know better, the only thing the Universe and I agree on is “I am not ready or probably ever be ready for a relationship.”

Back to the stupid guy! He demands that I drink up, and because he sounded so much like my father I slowly raised the glass to my lips but as soon as the wine touched my lips and said, “no!” I tossed a $20.00 bill to him and grabbed a taxi.
Not only did he remind me of my father but he acted like he wanted to be my father! My message to him- I am no longer looking for a daddy! I should have kept my $20.00 bill!

So instead of being bummed about this- well I took 24 hours to process this. I realized that more than ever- I want nothing else but to be alone! Yes, single and alone!!!! There are a lot of horrible dating stories waiting to happen and I don’t want to be a protagonist anymore.

So back to my life, my full life! Back to signing up for community service, walks, charity events, back to being focused on the job, finding an apartment, moving, smiling and embracing the peace!

It’s always nice to be reminded of what I really want- Thank YOU Universe!

No comments:

Post a Comment