About Me

My photo
I have a huge..BIG and important testimony- I just don't know what it is yet. In the meantime I work hard, take care of my SELF and try hard at achieving all my dreams.

Friday, August 27, 2010

Heart My Pad!



So I found a little piece of peace. Recently my mornings start with a smile as I am grateful for the beautiful curtain rod on my window, oh and grateful for this new life of mine. I think to myself, “this floral bed sheet makes me so happy and I am glad we are friends again (you know flowers and me, because I am no longer afraid to admit that flowers are not ugly they are beautiful and make me jump with joy).”

Then I look at my white dresser and night stand and my room feels like sweetness from the Hamptons. I have slept all through the night (without sleeping pills or worries) and while in the beginning it was hard to sleep alone, I’ve now learned that if I close the door and shut the window I have the power to create a safe haven.

The best feeling that I discovered was reading in my room without anyone to disturb me. I often read articles of ladies in relationships that wish they were single again so that they could read a book in peace on their bed. OH YEA, OH WOW, OH HEAVEN! I now know why that made it to the list of “I wish I was single.” My room becomes a different peaceful fantasy and as I silence my blackberry I drift away and just float in peace.

My sofa, flat screen TV and I are having a threesome (shit for the price I paid I would expect no less!) I just sit there and put my feet up, or lay or eat, or whatever, it’s my sofa! I can watch my Netflix, my late night shows after work- thank you DVR, and I can just feel the stress and worries of the day melt away! Everything about my apartment I love- well that was my rule “only keep what you love.” This reminds me that since I am having window treatment anxiety and can not decide, I should just get what I love! Blogging rocks! Anyway, my refrigerator has all the foods I love- from Nutella to hummus, my bathroom has all the products I love, and my apartment is becoming my love!

So I know I have to mingle a little, get out there and meet up with friends (well that’s what they say) but this is my very first love, I mean apartment! I love it, I love it, I love it! Everyday as I leave it gives me the strength I need to take on the day and when I come home it gives me the softness to love and smile.

So as I fall in love with myself I learned one more very important lesson. It’s my job to make sure that I am happy. While others might not be so happy for me (my mother) I can not worry about that. I am such a happier, stronger person and have peace of mind all because I can put my love and my life before anyone else. I hope I can be an example to others and I am sure I will get out of my nest soon but for right now I’m letting myself fall deeper in love!

2 comments:

  1. I actually wrote a comment to this and its not here so I'll write it again!

    I'm so happy for you and I can't wait to come meet your new lover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! My lover.. i love the way that sounds! I'm going to greet him everyday with "hello lover boy"

    ReplyDelete