About Me

My photo
I have a huge..BIG and important testimony- I just don't know what it is yet. In the meantime I work hard, take care of my SELF and try hard at achieving all my dreams.

Monday, December 13, 2010

A SUPER BOWL week



This past week, while out in the bar scene, I scored not once but twice! TOUCHDOWN ALL THE WAY- well not exactly but twice in one week a stranger walked over to me and asked me for my digits…talk about a confidence booster to end the year!

A bit of history about me and maybe this excitement will make sense.

1)I NEVER GET ASKED FOR MY NUMBER!
2)Summer 2009- last time someone asked me for my number at a bar- we texted once of twice but that was it.
3)Summer 2010- a stranger buys me dinner; the sweet romantic way where I ask for my bill and the waitress tells me that the man that just walked out paid for my food. He didn’t leave a number but it was a great achievement or moment for me.
4)Summer 2010- present- well let’s just say I get my confidence from online dating.

As I am trying to “put in the work” to meet people and also noticing my unsuccessful track record with online dating, I am trying to meet someone the old fashion way AKA, a stranger walks over to you, compliments you and asks you if he could call you or take me out some time.

I thought I was setting myself up for disappointment because I’m not a fashionista, so I will not attract men with my feminine silhouette and I am not forward enough to even smile at a stranger—

So my mantra has been- go out there and have some fun! Isnt this what every coach tells their players?

TOUCHDOWN # 1

Last Monday during the Jet’s defeat a very nice gentleman approached my friend and asked her if I was single. (Do I appear like I am with anyone when I go out?) She asked me to speak to him but I kept screaming at my fantasy boyfriend QB Mark Sanchez and ignored her suggestion. But then the gentleman proceeded to HUNT further and he did the traditional....

“I think you are very attractive, my name is Allan, is it okay if I talk to you for a little bit?” So we chatted, I smiled, and he asked me for my number!!! TOUCHDOWN!!!!!! Throughout the week he texted me but of course it has died down and he didn’t seal the deal with a date. His lost, I still scored.

TOUCHDOWN # 2

This one came out of no where! Saturday night, a spontaneous night out with my girlfriend, I met another toad, who I really hope I can soon kiss and find out if he is a prince. My friend and I wanted some air and walked outside the lounge. There were two gentlemen who immediately started talking to us. I think it was my smile or my sarcastic response to his guess of my ethnicity that hooked him in. He moved closer to me and asked me about a million questions in about 3 minutes “ What’s your name? Where are you from? What do you do? Where do you live?” I decided to go back inside and shook his hand..(That was weird from me but it just happened.. I guess his energy made me a bit nervous.)

Two minutes later he says hello again and asked if he could buy me a drink. Was this really happening to me? For the next hour the other 2 million questions were asked “what do you like to eat? Where did you go to school? Do you like to travel? Are you married, engaged, single..and why?” I finally asked him a few questions because although I do not like to be interviewed this time I just felt good about the same questions I am asked on every date. He said he was a psychotherapist originally from Ohio or Illinois with German background (which I guessed) and now resides in Manhattan. NO WONDER IT WAS SO EASY TALKING TO HIM, its what he does for living. So my friend tried to pry us apart and he got the hint and asked for my number and left to another bar. TOUCHDOWN!!

In the morning I felt really good about him and I hoped he would call or text. He did and although he asked to see me again on Saturday and said "it was really nice meeting you", we did not confirm anything. So now I am left wondering if we are meeting Saturday evening or not….but I do want to see him again.

So maybe that stupid advise that people give me and I refuse to believe does work “you meet people when you are not looking.”

I have a good feeling about the therapist so send me all your positive and GRAND energies….

Best,
Lunalove

No comments:

Post a Comment